Financial Hardship

Financial Hardship

Attention: open in a new window. Print


For our customers experiencing financial difficulty

People come first. Now and always.

During this challenging period, we are committed to helping you get through any adversity you may be facing. This could be because you’ve lost your job, developed an illness/injury, had a downturn in business, or lost a loved one. We’re here to help you work through these circumstances and get you back on track to financial stability, through our financial difficulty offering.

We have a range of options available. Let us help find a suitable solution, based on your personal situation.

Ways we can help you

  • Deferred loan repayments for up to 6 months on all loans and credit cards

  • Reduced loan repayments for up to 6 months

  • Convert Principal and Interest (P&I) repayments to Interest Only payments (charged at the P&I rate)

  • Extended loan terms

Let’s make this easy

1. Let us know that you would like to discuss your situation by completing this enquiry form. Alternatively, you can call our customer service team on 13 95 00.

2. Our Hardship team will contact you within 2 business days to discuss your options. If we need more information or documentation from you, we’ll let you know.

3. We’ll provide details of the outcome of your application via email.

Some questions you may have

What is a deferred loan repayment (sometimes called a repayment holiday)? It’s a set period of time where you won’t need to make any repayments on your loan (for up to a maximum of 6 months). During this time, interest will continue to be charged on your loan however any late payment penalties will be waived. For home loan customers, deferred loan repayments will be for 3 months with an extension for a further 3 months available after review. 

What happens after the deferred loan repayment period? Before the period expires, we'll get in touch to review your position and to discuss how you can bring the account up to date over an agreed period of time. This may result in monthly payments being adjusted (i.e. the amount required may be higher than current repayments and you may incur a higher amount of interest over the life of the loan).

Do these options apply to both Owner Occupied and Investment Home Loans? Yes, they apply to all loans including home loans, personal loans, business loans and credit cards etc.

Does the Interest Only term have a time limit, and is it available for both OO and IHL? Interest Only repayment options are available on all loan types including Home Loans, Investment Home Loans and Business Loans. Terms will be reviewed on a case by case basis depending on your circumstances.

Still need an issue resolved? We’re here to help you, so if you’re not satisfied with the provided support, please let us know and we will do our best to assist you. If you’re still not happy with the outcome, you can lodge a complaint with AFCA.

Contact Us

Ph: 13 95 00


COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

For more information about how the Bank is responding to the COVID-19 including information about our branches and our internet banking services, please click here.

Financial counselling and support resources available to you

For additional support, here are some helpful links: