Mobile Banking provides the same level of security as Internet Banking. You should follow the same basic security precautions as when using a personal computer.
For more information please read Security
No. Mobile Banking is currently limited to Personal Customers only.
- Download the Bank of Sydney mobile app on your smart phone or your tablet
- Login with your username and password
- Depending on your device type you’ll then need to either:
- Android: Click the person icon in the top right of your screen
- iOS: Click on the user/person icon at the bottom of your screen
- Click on ‘Manage my device’ and then ‘Register current device’
- Go to ‘Remember Me’ and choose your preferred method. Based on your phone model you will have the option to choose between a numeric PIN, fingerprint or face ID.
- Enter a minimum 4 digit PIN and repeat, then click on ‘Submit’
- At this stage you should have received a 6-digit SMS security code to complete your registration
- Enter your security code and confirm
- Ensure that your device has successfully been registered by referring to the message you receive on your app
- Once your device is successfully registered, you will no longer receive and SMS notifications, instead you will get push notifications to authorise your transactions
- Each time you need to authorise a transaction, regardless of the device you use, the push notifications will be send to your registered device
- After receiving the push notification, click on it, then authorise via the method that you already setup (PIN, fingerprint or face ID)
You need to click on ‘Forgot Password or login with another user’, then enter your login credentials including your login password. Once logged in:
- Go to ‘User’
- Then ‘Manage My Device’
- Click on the current device
- Click on the modify PIN
- Enter a new PIN, submit and authorize
If you’ve forgotten your password and have an active VISA Debit card, you can reset your password by selecting ‘Forgot your Username or Password?’ on the BOS Online Banking login page.
If you’ve forgotten your password and don’t have an active VISA Debit card, please contact our customer service team on 13 95 00 (Mon – Fri, 9:30am – 5pm AEST) to receive a new password.
You can download the BOS mobile banking app via the app stores on both iOS and Android devices. Once you’ve downloaded it, use your Online Banking credentials to login.
Please note: the mobile banking app is only available for Personal customers; Business customers can only use Online Banking.